ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kirk Wylie <k...@radik.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] New task: <p4counter>
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:10:18 GMT
Les Hughes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looks cool but two things.
>
> 1) <p4counter counter="change"/> doesn't seem to work as you've not created
> a setCounter method but I think this is just a typo in your javadoc maybe?
> <p4counter name="foo" value="123"/> works just fine.

Yes, a problem in the javadocs. I'll redo the patch.

> 2) Could you update the Perforce tasks manual and post a diff for one of the
> committers to erm, commit....

I thought that was in the patch. It was in my local copy of the manual.
I'll try to redo the patch.

> (BTW, you don't need to re-work P4Handler to grab the counter number into a
> prop, use an anon inner class derived from P4HandlerAdapter, see P4Change
> for an example.)

I knew I could do that, I just hadn't actually written the handler.

I'll write the handler, make sure the javadocs and manual are up to date,
and then resubmit the patch.

Kirk Wylie