ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISC] core extensions
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:00:54 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> * Allow named tasks to be defined by <script> elements.

+0 - seems reasonable.

> * specify an onfail task or target that runs in case of a build
>   failure.

I like the idea a lot, but it does look like it could potentially get
really complicated.  Ah well.  I'm going to say +1 and be an optimist
for a change. :-)

> * allow sequence to be specified in depends attribute or enhance
>   antcall to work with current list of executed targets

> * Support nesting tasks into other elements - not just as children of
>   target - as proposed by Thomas Christen in
>   <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=98130655812010&w=2>.

+1

> * Make if/unless attributes to check for the value of a property, not
>   only its existance.

> * check for more than one condition in if/unless attributes.

I think these are effectively covered by the <condition> task.  We keep
the core simple, but provide the flexibility in a task.  So, -1 from me
on both.

> * provide a way to define the order in which targets a given target
>   depends upon get executed.

I thought that was already managed by the "depends" attribute.

> * define task contexts that define various common aspects (logging,
>   failure handling ...) and assign them to tasks.

+1