ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISC] XML issues
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:47:34 GMT
Everything has pretty much been said, but here's my $0.02 anyway...

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> * a built-in mechanism to include build-file fragments - something
>   that doesn't use SYSTEM entities at all and therefore is XSchema
>   friendly, allows for property expansions ...

+1 - I don't like the templating idea in core; this seems like a viable
alternative.

> * Let Ant ignore - but warn - if unknown XML elements or attributes
>   occur in a build file.

-1 - namespaces should take care of this

> * Allow ant to farm out attributes and elements that are NOT in the ant
>   namespace to other components. ie hand doc: elements to the Documentation
>   component or log: attributes to Log policy component etc

+1 - I think we need to have a larger discussion around the concept of
"aspects"; the idea is growing on me.

Glenn