ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISC] Task API
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:40:03 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> * tasks provide some way to identify their attributes from the
>   outside.

So something like TaskInfo? +0 - Good for GUIs, but I'm not sure what else.

> * tasks should have access to its own XML representation.

As Peter said, replace the phrase "XML representation" with "Task Object Model", and
I'll +1 this.

> * Task level if and unless attributes.

This bugs me.  I can see why people want it, but I don't think it fits our model.  -0

> * Allow tasks to find out, whether another task has completed successfully.

-1 without a good use case

> * provide failonerror like functionality to all tasks. (Provide this as an aspect??
>   much like logging aspect or classloader aspect).

I like the idea in principle, so +1 for now.

Glenn