ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs XSLTProcess.java
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:43:02 GMT
What about this: when given a nonabsolute path to 'style', have it first try
to resolve against project basedir, and it finds it then OK. If not, try
against task basedir, and if found then print a deprecation warning and use
that; else error. This would permit the task to have sane semantics and still
not break
old scripts.

The only incompatibility would then be if you had a style file of the same
name in two different directories happening to match the project and task
basedirs, in which case it would use the "wrong" one. But I think this is
pretty obscure.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR