ant-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Lucas <j...@stonecottage.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.3 release plan
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:31:53 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Henri,
>
> I would see this as writing a Java class so I could have this in my build
> file
> <rpm spec="ant.spec" src="blah"/>
>
> I'm not overly familiar with building RPMs so I am not sure what aspects you
> would control from the task interface. The easiest way to get this going
> would be to exec to the rpm command when you are running on Linux. I don't
> know what it would take to make this pure Java and runnable on Windows.
>
> Conor

I have attached a first cut at a RPM task. It is very simple now but I
am able to use it in my rpm building process.

The supported attributes:

specFile = obviously the name of the spec file to be used

topDir = this is the directory which will have the expected
subdirectories, SPECS, SOURCES, BUILD, SRPMS.  If this isn't specified,
the baseDir value is used

cleanBuildDir = this will remove the generated files in the BUILD
directory

removeSpec = this will remove the spec file from SPECS

removeSource = this will remove the sources from SOURCES

command = very similar idea to the cvs task.  the default is "-bb"

output/error = where standard output and error go

I realize that this might not be useful for everyone so I would
understand if a rpm task wouldn't make it into the 'official' taskdef
list but I wanted to send this anyway...

Let me know if you have any questions.

josh