ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: Antidote Implementation [PROPOSAL] for: fileset
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:30:35 GMT
Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> [snip]
> 2nd: You say that we need ACSElements for EVERY Task - IMHO This would be a
> mess for Antidote :-(. Nobody (or at least I don't ;-)) wants to implement
> an ACSElement everytime a new Task has been submitted! I'd propose to become
> MORE generic! Ok, tasks to not implement a FileSetUser interface OSTLT, but
> we can ask targets yia reflection if they have a "addFileset",
> "createInclude", "setIncludes", "createExclude", "setExcludes" method and we
> can find attributes by looking for set-methods... It'll be hard, but
> possible - and it is a chance! And of course for there are no conventions
> this will not cover EVERY case but 90%+, I hope!

Not sure if I'm missing some context, but it shouldn't be too hard to get it
right if you use IntrospectionHelper. For the NetBeans module I was able to
successfully implement context-sensitive structure editing with
IntrospectionHelper doing all the dirty work. With a little trickery you can
support custom tasks too, you just have to find a reference to the Class of
the task somewhere.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR