ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] the simple stuff
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:46:08 GMT
At 10:11  29/3/01 -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
>Conor MacNeill wrote:
>>
>> I still want command line override so either need scoping or an overall
>> control system such as build.sysclasspath or whatever that is called.
>
></lurk>
>
>+1 (no surprise here, eh?)
>
>I think this should be promoted in some form to an abstract goal and
>guideline for Ant2.

I have been pushing for it ;) Let the implementation of aspects (ie
Facilities) be pluggable and let the users overide it if needed. Instead of
being magic properties though I would prefer if it was passed to ant in
some other way.

Maybe

ant -Fclassloader=org.apache.ant.GumpClassLoaderFacility

or perhaps something less verbose but you get the idea ;)

Cheers,

Pete