ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] class loading
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:14:08 GMT
At 10:36  26/3/01 +1000, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> [...]

For any semilarge system that is going to be carrying as many classloaders
around as I suspect Ant2.0 will - it becomes an absolute PITA to try and
figure out where/when/why a ClassNotFound exception arises from. It can be
gotten around by smart coding but I don't see the need for the extra
complexity.

Remember that the classes are almost always loaded right before you
instantiate a task so force loading it is not going to have any adverse
effects as virtually all the classes will be loaded anyway.

Cheers,

Pete