ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] task/documentation writer's business
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:04:00 GMT
At 10:01  22/3/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>>* Add an <ant> task that will find build files according to a
>>>* fileset and invokes a common target in them.
>>>
>>>  <anton>?
>>
>> -0
>> should be part of preprocessing
>>
>>>* Add a JavaApply task that executes a given class with files from a
>>>  fileset as arguments - similar to <apply>.
>>
>> -0
>> should be part of preprocessing
>
>so defer those two to a later stage?

we can get the core panned out and if it turns out everyone hates static
templating we can easily add them back in later. But if someone really
wants them in now and program/maintain them themselves then I have don't
mind ;]

>>>* socksified networking tasks, SSH tasks.
>>
>> -1 I am not sure we want to deal with legal consequences. If there
>> was a clean SSH implementation elsewhere then it would be okay.
>
>I don't see any legal consequences in an <exec>-layer over invoking
>ssh. If you can legally invoke ssh, scp whatever from the command
>line, you can do so from Ant I bet.

If we are invoking a native SSH then +1 however I assumed you were talking
about either reimplementing ssh in java or modifying one of the existing
ones (ie mindterms).
Cheers,

Pete