ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] the simple stuff
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:58:29 GMT
At 09:49  22/3/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> * namespace support so different concerns can occupy different
>>   namespaces from ant (thus SAX2/JAXP1.1)
>
>not sure about the different concerns stuff, will be sorted out by the
>other points in the discussion later, I guess.

BTW I use the terms concern/aspect/cut/crosscut/slice interchangably

I think I put that in there so...

Each different concern (ie logging, failonerror, classloader,
documentation) could have a different namespace. Each namespace would be
passed to an appropriate handler. So attributes prefixed with doc: would be
passed to DocumentHandler, attributes prefixed with log: would be passed to
handler that determins how verbose target/task is etc.

This way we would not have to add code to all the different tasks that
checks if failonerror is set etc. It is all centralized in the
engine/handlers. If we work in an interceptor architecture (like tomcat3.x)
we could  even have pluggable element handlers. That may have to wait
though because it is a HUGE amount of work ;)

>+1 on anything

on anything ? ;)
Cheers,

Pete