ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 04:03:18 GMT
At 09:40  15/3/01 -0800, Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
>Hello,
>
> I would like to see "external" target dependencies like:
>
><target name="clean-build" depends="clean;build"/>
>
>or even
>
><target name="clean-build"
>depends="cvsget;clean1,clean2,clean3;build1,build2,build3"/>
>
>where cleans should be executed before any builds but in any order. It
>is quite easy to implement and it will not conflict with parallel target
>execution.

I am not sure I get you but is

<target name="clean-build" depends="clean;build"/>

is identical in functionality to

<target name="clean-build">
  <antcall target="clean"/>
  <antcall target="build"/>
</target>

and if so would the bottom suffice (or should I add your request to
features request list???).

Cheers,

Pete