ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] permissions filters on file/patternset
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:47:21 GMT
At 09:19  2/3/01 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>(2) Do something with the names of the files - fullpath and prefix
>attributes of <zipfileset>.
>
>Pete has suggested to allow a mapper to be tied to a fileset in
>general, something like
>
><fileset ...>
>  <mapper type="glob" from="*" to="prefix/*" />
></fileset>
>
>could replace the prefix attribute.
>
>(3) Add attributes to filesets to define an action. See <tarfileset>
>in <tar> where you use a fileset to assign permission bits and
>ownership information to entries in the tar file. Maybe this would
>have better been
>
><tar ...>
>  <attributes mode="755" username="ant" group="ant">
>    <fileset dir="." includes="*.sh" />
>  </attributes>
></tar>
>
>which wouldn't need to augment the fileset for this purpose at all.

Alternatively we could integrate this functionality with (2) so that we
could have something like.

<fileset ...>
  <include name="*.sh"/>
  <mapper type="unix-permissions">
    <param name="user" value="ant"/>
    <param name="group" value="ant"/>
    <param name="mod" value="755"/>
  </mapper>
</fileset>

Thou with all these variations it may be advantageour to also define a
highlevel simple format that gets transformed into this low-level format
via xslt.

So we could still revive things like

<copyfile from="myfile.txt" todir="foo/" />

for mere web designers ;)

Cheers,

Pete