ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: -emacs flag ??
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:39:38 GMT
At 09:32  1/3/01 -0000, Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>One point is support of being able to express these defaults by properties
>is that then it is possible to change the values without altering the build
>file.
>
>  ant -Dtask.javac.debug=true ......
>
>With a full language these may be more complex to do for users.

Yep this is already been proposed a few times - either this or full CSS
(which this is shorthand for). The only issue that anyone has identified
(that I remember anyway) is how to modify parameters on nested children.
Parameters such as

task.javac.classpath.exclude.name=**/*.name

were suggested but they didn't solve the whole problem. Still it is a
useful abstraction ;)

Cheers,

Pete