ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] vote on general direction, details will be discussed later
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:35:22 GMT

> Simeon Fitch <metasim@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >> * move to a system that allows docs to be generated - doc snippets
> >>   should be included with the tasks they document.
> >>
> >>   Which DTD? Which tools for generation?
> >
> > +0 (what does "move to a system" mean? Are we talking Doclet for Ant
> > build file?)
>
> Don't write the docs in HTML but use something that is more structured
> so you can generate documentation in different formats from it.  Like
> you can create HTML and XSL:FO (and thus PDF for example) from XML
> files.

I'd clarify this one to mean "All Ant documentation will be
persisted/developed in <xxx> format."

> And maybe something like a build-docs target in Ant that scans all
> task libraries of the system and generates a compound documentation of
> all tasks it finds.

This would be way cool, especially if the .tsk (or whatever) file stored
the documentation source in the META-INF directory.

I'd render this as a separate feature from the above, tho.

=====
Mustard Seed Software
http://www.mustardseedsoftware.com
mailto:simeon.fitch@mseedsoft.com