ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] the simple stuff
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:11:44 GMT

> * namespace support so different concerns can occupy different namespaces
>   from ant (thus SAX2/JAXP1.1)

+1

> * Java2

+1

> * remove all deprecated methods, attributes, tasks

+1

> * allow all datatypes to be defined anywhere - i.e. as children of
>   project as well as of target.

+0 (I don't fully understand the consequenses at this point).

> * make properties fully dynamic, i.e. allow their value to be reassigned

+1

> * unify the namespace of all data types (ie properties + filesets +
>   patternset + filtersets).

-0 (I'd like to hear (or reread archive) discussion on rationale. What
types of constraints does this impose down the road. Will the namespace
bloat?)

> * add a user defined message if a target will be skipped because the
>   if/unless attribute says so.

+0 (Sounds like a general "trace" debugging feature that should be
generalized).

> * allow user-datatypes to be defined via a <typedef> similar to
> <taskdef>.

+1

=====
Mustard Seed Software