ant-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Kay <>
Subject Re: Ant task extensions / contributions
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:18:11 GMT
Hi Stefan,

> > Is there a collection of contributed tasks?
> Yes and no.
> Many tasks have been sent to this list and many but
> not all of them
> now live in Ant's CVS module as optional tasks.
> Furthermore, we'll
> probably start a separate CVS module for contributed
> stuff, but don't
> hold your breath.

On the subject of contributed tasks: Do think there
would be any interest in a task I recently created
that generates Java source code for a simple bean?
The task reads a comma delimited file with two
columns. The second column lists the names of the
simple bean's properties and the first column lists
the data type of each property.  I use this task to
rapidly create useBeans. It outputs the Java source
code with a package statement, import statements,
properties and the getters and setters.

The task has 4 attributes: the comma delimited source
file; a semi colon delimited list of import
statements; the full class name of the Java source
code to be generated (the directory structure is
parsed and becomes the package statement of the source
code); and the directory to which the generated Java
source code is saved.

I attached 3 files as a sample: a csv file (called
"account.csv"), the task source code (called
"BeanCodeGenerator") and the output source code
(called "").

Here is contents of the build file:

 <project name="MyProject" default="compile"

     <taskdef name="generatebeancode"

     <property name="src" value="./src"/>
     <property name="build" value="build"/>

     <target name="prepare">
    	 <mkdir dir="${build}"/>

    <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
        <javac srcdir="${src}" includes="util/**"

    <target name="codegenexample">

Do You Yahoo!?