ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: what I would like to see in ant.20
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:17:52 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 15:35
Subject: Re: what I would like to see in ant.20

> At 11:37  12/3/01 -0800, Steve Loughran wrote:

> >This ties in to past discussions about decoupling the logging calls and
> >Class.forName() from tasks/projects, perhaps with a TaskExecutionHelper
> >class which hides things.
> how about TaskletContext ;)

okay for me.

> >- A repository of obscure posted tasks other than the mail list. And I
> >the contributors to maintain them! And want to be able to submit changes
> >too. This goes for tasks under GPL.
> GPL tasks == impossible as GPL is not-compatible with APL.

I know we cant have GPL stuff on the apache server, but perhaps we can
create a 'tasklets incompatible with the APL' project on sourceforge or
somewhere for all those tasks that integrate someone elses GPL libraries
into the ant framework.

The better alternative is to talk to the FSF to get the belief that GPL/LGPL
and APL are like matter and antimatter when it comes to integration
clarified. We need someone who is on speaking terms with richard stallman,
but that someone has to be prepared for RMS to not only never speak to them
again, but bear a grudge against their entire family for the rest of his
life. The only person I know who was in the first category (ange of
ange-ftp) is now apparently in the latter category, due to some schism about
variable naming conventions -is there anyone else we can call on?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message