ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: compile jsp (request)
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:16:18 GMT

> > I was working on a project where we wanted to compile all the
> > .jsp files and
> > package them up for distribution.  We were using ServletExec as
> > our servlet
> > container.  I scoured the docs looking for a way to compile JSPs and I
> > couldn't find one.  The only solution was to copy the JSP files to the
web
> > server directory and hit each page one by one.  This would cause the
> > container to compile the .jsp files to .class files.

Now there is an interesting task for someone: a URL spider that calls all
JSP/ASP/whatever files it finds beneath a URL, fails if one or more of the
files returns an error or is just plain missing. Of course, detecting an
erroneous compilation only works if the servers return an HTTP error code,
or there is an error pattern to look for...

-steve