ant-dev mailing list archives

From "marvin greenberg" <marvin.greenb...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:57:46 GMT
> > - Use log4j rather than the custom logging found in Ant1 (this would
> > allow custom ant extensions to play nice with other custom
> > libraries).
>
> sounds fine, especially since log4j has become a jakarta project 8-)

 I have heard that Java 1.4 (Merlin) will have a logging facility built in.
I've heard
good things about log4j, but if the language does have a facility it might
be
preferred..

OK.  I looked and it does ---
http://www.javaworld.com/jw-03-2001/jw-0316-jdk.html
Maybe the thing to do is write some interfaces, and adapters for each api
(log4j and
the new java API) so that there is some capability for older jdks.

marvin