ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [DISC] workspace/subbuild issues
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:22:53 GMT

> From: glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com
> [mailto:glenn@dryline-fw.wireless-sys.com]On Behalf Of Glenn
> McAllister
>
> > * Add an attribute to <ant> to feed back the environment
> (properties and
> >   taskdefs) from the child build to the parent.
>
> I'm guessing this can be handled with scoping rules... hmm... with the
> possible exception of taskdefs.

These sounds like a subroutine modifying the local variables of the caller.
Not too structured programming. Since properties are write-once, I am not
sure how scoping will solve the problem.

Wouldn't some of these issues be solved if we had a way to "import" or
"include" one project into another? It seem that a lot of the need is to be
able to have master template files with definitions and have the real
buildfiles just load stuff from there. Just like make's include directive.

Jose Alberto