ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Another feature request??
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:29:04 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
>

> At 10:37  29/3/01 -0500, Sam Ruby wrote:
> >And it is possible in make because the tool itself reserves
> the name of a
> >default target for a special purpose?  I think not.
>
> It is not possible in make ... which was the point I was
> trying to make ...
> because the target is not a well defined entry point. Make has to be
> executed multiple times.

The reason make has to be executed multiple times in your example is that
"configure" actually generates the make file for the particular OS, so that
when you execute "make install" you are actually running a different
makefile.

Are you telling me that you want these kind of stuff in ANT, I hope we can
stay away from that.

Jose Alberto