ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ant 1.3 Released
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 22:54:10 GMT
Michael,

You need to use GNU tar to untar the tar files. Solaris tar is not
compatible.

Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Saunders" <michael@amtec.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2001 6:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ant 1.3 Released

> Conor,
>
> I downloaded the binary again from the following location:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/release/v1.3/bin/jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.t
ar.gz

> I gunziped it with:
>     gunzip jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz
> and then untared it with:
>     tar -xvf jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar
>
> I should have looked more closely at the output but the last few lines
from tar
> are as follows:

jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/clearcase/p
ackage-summary.html,
> 5849 bytes, 12 tape blocks

jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/clearcase/p
ackage-tree.html,
> 6035 bytes, 12 tape blocks

jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/Clas
sFile.html,
> 10665 bytes, 21 tape blocks

jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/Clas
sFileIterator.html,
> 7162 bytes, 14 tape blocks

jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/Clas
sFileUtils.html,
> 10452 bytes, 21 tape blocks
> tar: directory checksum error
>
> It looks like tar is having trouble untaring it. I don't think it is my
download
> that is corrupt. It happens every time I get a fresh copy and in addition
I am