ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:00:35 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I do not think we need CVS support for this.
>
> OK, so we are talking about different things 8-)
>
> I want an Apache hosted repository of contributions that would be
> released under the Apache Software (Foundation) License.

Notice this is also fine, would this be what goes inthe optional task jar?
Here we should enforce some more proper guidelines, formating, copyright
notes, licencing and so on, I guess. And I have no problem with using the
current way to manage that. Notice that once we have something like I am
propossing I would assume that much of the presure on the optional tasks
will disapear.

> What you are asking for:
>
> > We just need a repository of jars with a short description. That is
> > all we need. Maybe we can store it in one of those big "contribute
> > java code" sites that are all around. Then the only thing we need is
> > a link from the Jakarta pages.
>
> is really nothing more than a list of links. Doable in less than a
> day, send in some links to stuff that should be added and I will link
> it from Ant's homepage.
>
> Actually, I think I'll start this list just now - using the IDE
> integration packages I'm aware of.
>
> So what would we need? Name, description, URL, license. Anything else?

Some way for users to comment about it would be nice.

I guess, we will not be storing the contribution ourselves, maybe at some
point we could suggest where people can store their contributing software:
the big java tree (or whatever is called) or some other site. So people can
just submit it.