ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: -emacs flag ??
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:34:38 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> while the logging verbosity is something that is in the responsibility
> of the project (at least for now), prefixing output or not is decided
> by the logger. Having a doc:prefix, logprefix, whatever attribute
> doesn't make sense if I use a different logger.
>
> Do we want to add build file syntax for loggers which are not only
> pluggable but also something that is front end specific? Don't think
> so.

Well, I guess the answer to all this endless discussion is for someone
(hint, hint) to contribute an Emacs friendly logger that people can use.

Thhe only thing then is to provide some mecanism (if it does not exists) for
people to customize the environment of the run, i.e., which logger, and so
on you want.

Jose Alberto