ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Kuperus Heun <matthew.k.h...@gaerospace.com>
Subject Re: Ant Shell (antsh) - any thoughts?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:22:39 GMT
Hi all:

antsh sounds very cool.

I'm not sure of the details, but it may be useful to look at JShell
(from Patrick Beard) when considering implementation of antsh.
JShell aspires to be more than antsh, but it is similar in that it
avoids starting a new JVM upon every invocation of ant.  I'm on a mac
(OS9.1), and JShell is a good option for running ant there.  It works
reasonable well.

One word of caution: JShell doesn't properly handle jvm forking.  Has
antsh been tested in cases where a new jvm is forked in the buildfile?

Cheers,

Matt