ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: will Xalan 2 replace jaxp.jar and parser.jar?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:40:29 GMT
Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@imediation.com> wrote:

>> From: Zhu, Yao [mailto:Yao.Zhu@gs.com]

>> Is there any plan to replace jaxp.jar and parser.jar with
>> xalan 2 in the
>> course of Ant development?
>
> I would prefer to switch to the final jaxp 1.1 release instead which
> includes a clean xalan2 and a clean parser.

Yes, same here. Make Ant depend on JAXP 1.1 when that has been
released, stick with JAXP 1.0.1 until then.

I'm not too sure what we should be distributiong with our binary
builds. As long as we stick to JAXP 1.0 the choice between the
reference implementation of it and Xerces has been a simple matter of
size - and we've always told people they could use Xerces if they
prefered it.

Personally I don't want to get into politics and chosing between
Crimson and Xerces (which are both Apache projects) looks rather
difficult to me. The size argument still holds true in that
crimson.jar is about 10-20% of xerces.jar, of course.

Stefan