ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reserved words of XML-Tags in AntBuildFiles
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:08:40 GMT
No idea, who that *you* may be, as I didn't get the first part of the
conversation.

> At 11:30  8/2/01 +0100, you wrote:
>>Hi!
>>
>>First I have a general question:
>>
>>Are XML-Tags like <project> and <target> reserved words, or may a
>>property have the name "project"?

As property means "XML element" here, the answer must be "no, nothing
but the root level element may have the name project" IMHO.

We do have a rudimentary DTD for Ant and some people are using it
together with DTD aware editors (psgml-mode for example) to write
their build files.

There is no way to define a "context" in a DTD - an element "project"
is a "project" element and its attribute list is defined exactly once.
I'm not sure whether one can define a context-sensitive attribute list
in XSchema.

Cheers

        Stefan