ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Ants JUint Tasks
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:29:59 GMT
Daniel Ostermeier <> wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone was working on the JUnit tasks at
> present?

I'm doing a little bit, but don't find as much time as I wanted to -
yes there are a lot of useful refactorings possible. Stephane Bailliez
<> has been doing a lot more, at least we
should have a nicer test reporting in Ant 1.3.

> In particular, moving the junit test case class loading away from
> the super classes control, and down to implementations of the
> JUnitTest and BaseTest classes. This would modify the interaction
> slightly in that the Test Tasks would become providers of classes
> rather then the string names of classes.

This is something worth considering - no question. Also the whole
concept of how the name for a report gets put together is something
that should be reconsidered. Currently we are closing in on a feature
freeze for Ant 1.3 (Monday Australian time) so we won't manage to
change too much, but I'll be glad to discuss this for future releases

View raw message