ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Contribution request: PVCS integration
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:58:30 GMT
Thomas Christensen <> wrote:

> I have gotten some feedback on this integration but I recon it isn't
> going to be included for the next release of Ant, but I would like
> to know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

I think you are at the right place here and I'm sure your code is
going to be committed after the release of 1.3.

> Actually it occured to me as a good idea for all unofficial
> extensions to ant, to make an Ant extension project so that work in
> progress that isn't part of the a release could be shared. What do
> you think?

This is fine with me - accompany this with a list of known extensions
inside Ant's repository and at the website.

Once we know how we want the extension mechanism to work (I'll put
some effort into moving Ant2 forward after the release) and have a
separate repository for tasks, this would be the place for extension
tasks IMHO - but this can take some time. Especially since we'd need
to define rules for a ant-tasks projects - voting rules, how to
restrict committers from changing tasks they shouldn't touch (or not
restrict them at all) ...

View raw message