ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: CVS Freeze and 1.3 Beta1
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:09:52 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> According to the agreed release plan, I would like to
> freeze CVS from functionality changes for the next two
> weeks.
>
> Over the next two weeks, changes will be limited to bug
> fixes and documentation updates.

To handle situations such as these, I recommend creating a branch for the
completion of the 1.3 work.  While nobody is restricted from committing to
the branch, it is not the default action therefore it requires conscious
effort on the part of committers to place items in this branch.  Any
changes made to the branch should also be made to the base tree as that is
the version from which the next release will be made.  If the rate of
change during the release cycle slow down as it should, and if the release
cycle is short, then the divergence is small and this should involve
minimal extra effort.

- Sam Ruby