ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Todd" <chris.t...@home.com>
Subject RE: Ant Shell (antsh) - any thoughts?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:11:03 GMT
Slawek-

Very nice, I really like this.  It has tons of potential, but works quite
well already.  On my box, it is *much* faster than evoking the standard
ant.bat script every time.

I also like Peter Donald's suggestion of maintaining a bash-like "history",
but I thought I would add two more feature requests/suggestions:
1)  a "reparse" command that would run the build.xml file through the parser
again.  This would allow you to change the build file, then re-run your
targets without exiting antshell.  Granted, the only thing you avoid with a
"reparse" command is the JVM start-up time, but on slow boxes like mine,
that's pretty significant.  :-)
2)  a mechanism for setting property values interactively.  For example,
"set $ant.compiler=jikes" or some such command.  I don't recall at the
moment when property values are set, at parse time or at run time, so this
might depend on Ant, but I can imagine how it might be useful.

Regards,
Chris