ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: Order of Depends
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:43:31 GMT
Hi!

> Hi
> If the order of depends in target is not guaranteed, then what
> should be done
> to make sure that the targets are always run as expected. is there any
> workaround for this?

Am I missing something? I always thought the depending targets will be
executed in the order they have been entered like:
<target name="foo" depends="b, a, c">

First execute b, then a, and las c....

It never occured to me, that the targets have been executed in another
order and I am using Ant for some month now... Can someone explain,
please! I just implemented a DependentTargetPropertyEditor for Antidote
where you actually can change the order of the depends visually...
Please don't tell me that Ant does not deal with the order of depends...
;-(

Greetings,
Chris