ant-dev mailing list archives

From (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: Order of Depends
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:43:31 GMT

> Hi
> If the order of depends in target is not guaranteed, then what
> should be done
> to make sure that the targets are always run as expected. is there any
> workaround for this?

Am I missing something? I always thought the depending targets will be
executed in the order they have been entered like:
<target name="foo" depends="b, a, c">

First execute b, then a, and las c....

It never occured to me, that the targets have been executed in another
order and I am using Ant for some month now... Can someone explain,
please! I just implemented a DependentTargetPropertyEditor for Antidote
where you actually can change the order of the depends visually...
Please don't tell me that Ant does not deal with the order of depends...

View raw message