ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Christoph Wilhelms" <christoph.wilhe...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: [SUBMISSION] Antidote: DependTargetPropertyEditor
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:56:19 GMT
Hi Simeon!

> Christoph,
>
> I have checked in your submission. Well done, sir! Excellent code! I hope
> I looked at it fast enough for you ;-).

Too much honor ;-)! Of course it WAS fast enough!

> Please externalize the strings as soon as you can. That's one of those
> things I like to have done before checkin.

I would have done, but I did not know how to use ResourceManager without
an AppContext. Please read below ###### I described my problems there!

> > TODO:
> > 1. Make dialog more "keyboard-friendly".
> > 2. externalize strings to resource-file
> > 3. check referenzing of the images
> >
> I'm not sure I understand #3 on the "TODO:" list?

Well, to come clear: Same problem! I've loaded the images using the
full path without ResourceManager, for I had no instance:-( - same
problem as I had with "not externalized Strings"... :-(

Perhaps we can solve this easyly ;-).

Thanx again for the fast commit :-))).

Greetings,
Chris

REPOST of my last mail to ant-dev, for MAIL Provider Problems

Hi Sim!

First: Hope you liked my PropertyEditor anyway ;-)!

> Check out the ResourceManager for the method to use for loading
> images, and for string externalization. Everything is namespaced
> based on the class name. There are plenty of examples in the code
> for how to do this.

I know the ResourceManager can do this, but I did not want to create
an instance of it. Remember: In my editior I have no AppContext and
without it no ResourceManager! If you want me to do it with Resource
Manager I see 3 ways:

1st Create an own (probably static) instance of ResourceManager in my
    editor. (Not that nice...)
2nd Change ResourceManager to become a Singleton!
or
3rd Change AppContext to become a Singleton...

2nd and 3rd would be major changes, so I cc ant-dev if someone has an
opinion to that...

Best greetings,
Chris