ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Christoph Wilhelms" <christoph.wilhe...@gmx.de>
Subject Usage of ResourceManager WAS: [SUBMISSION ...]
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:13:09 GMT
Hi Sim!

First: Hope you liked my PropertyEditor anyway ;-)!

> Check out the ResourceManager for the method to use for loading
> images, and for string externalization. Everything is namespaced
> based on the class name. There are plenty of examples in the code
> for how to do this.

I know the ResourceManager can do this, but I did not want to create
an instance of it. Remember: In my editior I have no AppContext and
without it no ResourceManager! If you want me to do it with Resource
Manager I see 3 ways:

1st Create an own (probably static) instance of ResourceManager in my
    editor. (Not that nice...)
2nd Change ResourceManager to become a Singleton!
or
3rd Change AppContext to become a Singleton...

2nd and 3rd would be major changes, so I cc ant-dev if someone has an
opinion to that...

Best greetings,
Chris