ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: CVS Freeze and 1.3 Beta1
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 00:21:49 GMT
Stephane,

I do not propose to include your JProbe tasks in Ant 1.3, nor the other
change you mention below. I received it a little too late to really review
it properly before the release plan deadline. Your's is not the only
patch/submission which was not included in the release. In fact, if I had
had enough time, I would have liked to have multithreading in 1.3, since
more and more I see people trying to test servers using the <junit> task.

A line has to be drawn sometime or we would never get a release at all. It
should be possible for your patches to be committed on the MAIN CVS trunk as
I have created a branch for the remaining 1.3 work. This would make it
available in the Ant 1.4alpha nightly builds.

Personally, I will focus on testing, big fixing and documentation on the 1.3
branch for the next couple of weeks.

BTW, please send plain text, if possible.

Sorry.

Conor

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Bailliez [mailto:sbailliez@imediation.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 February 2001 1:46
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: CVS Freeze and 1.3 Beta1

I have submitted some tasks on friday for the Sitraka Coverage tool.
Apparently some people would be very interested in it. Do you think it is
possible to make them available for 1.3 ?
Since we are at it, I think we need to make some changes to XSLTLiaison to
be able to specify the system id for the sources. We are currently limited
to file only.
I think we need to create an additional interface for sources similar to
jaxp1.1 such as:
interface Source {
        String getSystemId();
        void setSystemId(String systemid);
}
class InputStreamSource implements Source {}
class FileSource extends InputStreamSource {} // set the system as a default
to file path
and add 2 methods to XSLTLiaison:
interface XSLTLiaison {
        // ....
    void setStylesheet(Source src) throws Exception;
    void transform(Source in, String outfile) throws Exception;
}
This would not break the current interface but should provide additional
flexibility.
What do you think ?
--
 St├ęphane Bailliez