ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Humphrey" <ma...@pobox.com>
Subject RE: Get with Basic Auth
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 18:08:28 GMT
I would be interested in it. I also did some enhancements to GET, and the
basic authentication was one of the things I wanted to add but didn't get
around to. Although I created a separate task like you, I was planning on
getting the latest version of ant, integrating my stuff with the existing
get task, and generating a patch file. If you will post your changes I will
add them in as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: ant-dev-return-10113-matth=pobox.com@jakarta.apache.org
[mailto:ant-dev-return-10113-matth=pobox.com@jakarta.apache.org]On
Behalf Of Gautam Guliani
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 11:52 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Get with Basic Auth

Folks,
         I needed to access a URL protected by basic auth so I extended the
GET task
to do so. It does Java2 style HTTP basic authentication.

Would people on this list be interested in this extension?

Here's the relevant portion of a typical build file

<target name="protectedTask" >
     <taskdef name="getBA"
       classname="com.grassroots_tech.util.ant.HttpGetBasicAuth"/>
     <getBA src="http://some/protected/url/"
       username="seeker" password="supersecret" dest="log.out" />
</target>

--
Gautam Guliani                          Email:  gautamg@grassroots-tech.com
Partner                                 Cell:   917.945.5353