ant-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip.We...@dresdnerkb.com
Subject RE: Logging to a file
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:12:03 GMT

further improving this to let the filename be specified in the buildfile.

Phil.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn McAllister [mailto:glenn@somanetworks.com]
Sent: 19 February 2001 15:57
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logging to a file

Phillip.Wells@dresdnerkb.com wrote:

> In a nutshell: I want to be able to specify a file to log to in the
> buildfile and have System.out and System.err automatically redirected
there.

In UN*X land, you can do the following:

ant -logfile `date +%b_%d_%Y_%k%m%S`.log

which on my box gives me an output file named Feb_19_2001_100235.log.

I don't know if there is an equivalent command in Windows, as I can't reboot
my
box right now.  I'm doing a 600+M download that I *really* don't want to
interupt. :-)

Glenn McAllister