ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **" <ken...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: New manual organization - printing is sometimes useful
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:35:26 GMT

Just to clarify my earlier statements -- I think it's definitely nice to
have smaller files (I think I suggested it earlier in the week),
especially with frames navigation.  Makes it easier to navigate
the documentation when using a browser.

However, when I have a long document or large documentation set to
read it's nice to be able to print it out to read offline.  Nothing
like curling up under a blanket and reading a programmer's manual :)
(Plus, I like to highlight stuff).  Some of us have fast,
high-capacity printers at work and don't mind printing out 100 page manuals.

When I was an Ant newbie I printed out the whole manual and
read it straight through, to get a feel for what all the tasks
were and what they did.  I feel like others might want to
do the same, and that there should be some easy way to print
the entire documentation set.  That doesn't necessarily mean
that there should be one large index.html.

> printable version would be nice - but just nice and an addition.

Agreed.  Given a choice I would prefer the documentation be complete
and understandable rather than printable.