ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **" <ken...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: enormous index.html (was: Re: CVS Freeze and 1.3 Beta1)
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 18:50:35 GMT

Yes, 262K is way too large for a single HTML file.

> think that one HTML page per task or major section (like some optional
> tasks already) would be an improvement?
One HTML page per task seems like overkill.  Perhaps one HTML page
per task package is a better grouping.  Sometimes I like to be able to
scroll
through the task documentation quickly rather than having to click around.
However, the frame-enabled documentation makes it pretty easy to browse.
It would be nice if it were enhanced to bring up the tasks for a package
within another frame (ala javadoc2).

Ken