ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Lecho <>
Subject RE: HTTP request task available
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:00:33 GMT
Extract from HttpUnit doc: "Written in Java, HttpUnit emulates the relevant
portions of browser behavior, including form submission, basic http
authentication, cookies and automatic page redirection, and allows Java test
code to examine returned pages as text, an XML DOM, or containers of forms,
tables, and links.
The JUnit task can be used to invoke HttpUnit.
More info on
Regards, Stefan Lecho.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Humphrey []
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 11:11 PM
Subject: HTTP request task available

I wrote an enhanced version of the "get" task, that allows the user to:
* Retrieve the contents of any URL, or alternatively access that URL but
then discard the results (useful for causing some side effect on the server)
* Simulate the submission of an HTML form, using either GET or POST methods.
* Set arbitrary HTTP headers.
I'd like to contribute this class to the ant team, so that it will be
included with the normal builds. Can someone tell me what I need to do to
accomplish this?
Matt Humphrey

View raw message