ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <>
Subject ant.home and classpaths
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:16:28 GMT
Just some thoughts.

1) I find that the properties relative to ant such as ant.home should be
Since we can put the basedir to any directory, it then starts to be
problematic when you have a basedir different from current directory. The
ant location (ant.jar and optional.jar) are completely lost, thus you cannot
fork a JVM without hardcoding the location of these into the build.xml.

2) I also think that there is a need for a ant.class.path that is the same
as java.class.path but resolved of the same reasons given above.

Additionaly and not related to paths:

3) A <ant> task should have a property 'failonerror' (or 'haltonerror' see

4) We need to choose between 'failonerror' and 'haltonerror'. They are both
used in tasks. I guess we should take care of this for 1.4 or already chose
one and deprecate the other for 1.3.

 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France
 iMediation -