ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject ant.home and classpaths
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:16:28 GMT
Just some thoughts.

1) I find that the properties relative to ant such as ant.home should be
resolved.
Since we can put the basedir to any directory, it then starts to be
problematic when you have a basedir different from current directory. The
ant location (ant.jar and optional.jar) are completely lost, thus you cannot
fork a JVM without hardcoding the location of these into the build.xml.

2) I also think that there is a need for a ant.class.path that is the same
as java.class.path but resolved of the same reasons given above.

Additionaly and not related to paths:

3) A <ant> task should have a property 'failonerror' (or 'haltonerror' see
4)).

4) We need to choose between 'failonerror' and 'haltonerror'. They are both
used in tasks. I guess we should take care of this for 1.4 or already chose
one and deprecate the other for 1.3.

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France