ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util DO MElementWriter.java
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:40:24 GMT

ok, it's just because to me jaxp refers only to the interfaces so I'm
getting confused sometimes.

In 1.1ea2, as a default the jaxp factories refers to the crimson
implementation.
for crimson.jar, there was at least a workaround for the
StringBuffer.getChars bug in JDK1.2.2
the xalan.jar given in the jaxp1.1ea2 is different from the one you can get
from apache.

For instance the one from Apache includes the interfaces for jaxp1.1 and the
dom/sax implementation, chance are high that you will run into many
conflicts If you mix them with crimson/jaxp since they are sealed and since
the jaxp in xalan has the default parser as..xerces.

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France