ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: WLJSPC : Weblogic JSP Compilation: Regarding
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:14:31 GMT

The WLjspc task in Ant 1.2, as you suggest works only on 4.5.1, since when i
wrote it did not have a wl 5.1 instance installed. Moreover, i have been out
of the mailing list for a long time. Here's what i will do...

In the next couple of days, i will update the docs to reflect what the 1.2
jspc does (it has javadocs, but has not made it to the main docs).

Over the next week or so, i will try and merge some of the jspc tasks that
have been submitted , without breaking any ant 1.2 build files.

List:     ant-dev
Subject:  Re: WLJSPC : Weblogic JSP Compilation: Regarding
From:     Michael Gilbode <>
Date:     2001-02-20 19:10:36
[Download message RAW]

I'm not sure of the current state of the WLJSPC task.  I had the same needs
had so I updated the WLJSPC task from ant 1.2 to work with WebLogic 5.1 &
It's kinda kludgy in spots but it seems to work fine with WebLogic 4.5.1,
and 6.0.

The WLJSPC task that is currently included with ant will not work in
5.1 or 6.0 (at least not how you'd expect if you have subdirectories) due to
how packages names are specified.

After some work I also got this task to work in-process.  The original
that ant fork to work.  It's still a little slow but I think the slowness
be mostly blamed on the weblogic.jspc.

I've attached a jar containing the source files that I've modifed.  They
Javadoc in them so that should help you out.

Does anyone know what the current status of this task is in the official ant
releases?  I'd like to see these features get added so I don't have to
maintaining my own version of the task.

--- Venkatesan Chandrakandan <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I am a programmer currently using Ant1.2 for my builds. But, I have
> seen alot of discussion about Weblogic JSP Compilation and various options
> other programmers have started to write for Weblogic JSP compilation. I
> probelms like,
> a.) These options are not found in Ant1.2
> b.) Weblogic JSP Options are not DOCUMENTED in Ant 1.2 documents, not even
> in the current ON-LINE Ant documentation.
> c.) Ant1.3 beta 1 & Ant 1.3 beta 2 & even Ant1.4 alpha does not contain
> document for Weblogic JSP Compilation.
> d.) I could not find a consolidated email in the Ant-DEV-group or the
> Ant-USER-group stating that this is the optional.jar that contains the
> Weblogic JSP Compilation options and this is how the build file is written
> for compiling JSP's using Weblogic 5.1
> Note: I currently use Weblogic 5.1 and would like to compile a WHOLE
> directory (with sub-directory's) of JSP's using Weblogic 5.1 JSPC.
> I would very happy if you could send me some details and the optional.jar
> this regard. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Venki.

View raw message