ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bobby Woolf <bobby.wo...@brokat.com>
Subject Properties.load(InputStream) fails for EJB client run by Ant
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:36:46 GMT
I just submitted this bug to the Apache Bug Database as bug #542. The web
page suggested that I send the bug out to this mailing list as well. I
appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Bobby

-----
Bobby Woolf
Senior Architect
GemStone Systems, a Brokat company
bobby.woolf@brokat.com

Bugzilla Bug 542

Properties.load(InputStream) fails for EJB client run by Ant 1.2

Ant seems to be having a problem handling classpaths for EJB clients. When I

run the client from Ant, I get a NullPointerException from Properties.load
(InputStream); the InputStream is null because the ClassLoader can't find
the
properties file in the EJB client jar (generated by the EJB container,
GemStone/J) even though it's looking for the right file name with the right
path. I know the client jar is in the classpath; when I take it out, the
client
fails with a ClassDefNotFoundException long before trying to load the
properties. When I run the same clients using a .bat file (Windows NT batch
file), the clients work, find the properties file, and connect to the server

properly. So Ant seems to be causing the failure.

A coworker who has used Ant more than me has reproduced the problem on his
machine, can't find what's wrong, and says it seems to be an Ant bug. He has

done this sort of thing with Ant 1.1 and it worked, so this seems to be a
new
bug.

If you want my build.xml file or the exception stack trace, contact me at
bobby.woolf@brokat.com <mailto:bobby.woolf@brokat.com>. Thanks for your
help.