ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject [RFC] permissions filters on file/patternset
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:24:51 GMT
I need, and have a working prototype for, a file/patternset that can filter based on file permissions.

In my case, I want to jar up a directory, but there's a few files I don't have read permission
on.
Due to the nature of things, I don't care about them, but I'd rather not have to explicitly
name them in my excludes.

I have hacked at DirectoryScanner and FileSet to add an attribute that allows me to specify
that a fileset should only include readable files.

Since I don't want to support a hacked version, I'd like to get this into 1.4

So, a Request for Comments (RFC) on:

	* Will this get into 1.4 if I do it?
	* Should it be on fileset/patternset/both [the fileset/patternset thing annoys me]
	* Should it be part of the FileScanner interface, or only on DirectoryScanner
	* What should the element be called - "permissions" comes to mind.
	* How should it be specified? (I'd go for "r" "rw" "w" "")