ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: [p4label] Label in sync
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:22:29 GMT

Hi Dave,

Hmm, I haven't seen the Zip exception during dev - and since the P4 tasks
don't use ZipInputStreams I have no idea why your getting this error. It
could be something to do with the underlying exec classes - one for the dev
list I guess. Any ideas chaps? I'm offline on dialup today so have been
unable to check the bug database as to whether this is a known issue.

The empty label will be caused by the p4 labelsync command failing. P4Label
is a two step process, create the label with p4 label -i then sync filelists
to the label with p4 labelsync -l <name> (but I guess you already know this
:-)

The [p4label] Execing [Ljava.lang.String;@61d36b  is suspect. P4Base echos
this debug using

	log("Execing "+commandline.getCommandline(), Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
then
	Execute exe = new Execute(handler, null);
	exe.setAntRun(project);
	exe.setCommandline(commandline.getCommandline());

If the log is showing and object ref instead of the actual command, it
points again to a problem with the Exec classes?

I think the Label in sync message is Perforce informing you that as far as
it's concerned, the label is, erm, in sync with the client view. You're not
using the same client spec from different boxes are you? This is a common p4
gotcha.

Anyway, could you post your working and non-working OS/JVM details along
with your build.xml and we'll have a look.

ttfn,

Les