ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: Ant docs and deprecated tasks
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:29:59 GMT
Chris Todd wrote:
> That looks great.  May I assume the NetBeans license would allow us to
> coordinate the JavaHelp version of the docs (that is, allow me to make use
> of the work you've already put in to this)?

I'm not sure--it's not equivalent to the Apache license; probably best to ask
someone Apache-side. Anyway there was little work actually put into it (an
hour or two), I just meant it as a pointer. Note that the NetBeans version
specifically excludes a couple portions of the manual related to command-line
usage, which you would not want to do.

> As for auto-generating the TOC and the map, I don't see why that shouldn't
> be possible.  Anakia and Stylebook both use project.xml files that specify
> documents to be grouped together.  I bet we could use something similar (or
> perhaps even identical), and just create a stylesheet that could generate
> the TOC and map files.

Neat.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR