ant-dev mailing list archives

From Milan Kubec <milan.ku...@netbeans.com>
Subject public vs. private targets
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:35:54 GMT
Hello,
I don't know if there was already discussion about this topic, but ...

It seems to me that could be usefull to be able to define what targets
in build script can be called (let's say public targets) and which
targets are only private to that script and can be called only form
inside the script from another targets. Let's say:

<target name="t1" depends="t2" access="public">
</target>

<target name="t1" depends="t2" access="private">
</target>

Does it make sense? I know it can be done by defining e.g. unless for
that target, but this is more straightforward and it doesn't need any
other properties.

  Milan