ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject enormous index.html (was: Re: CVS Freeze and 1.3 Beta1)
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 15:08:54 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:
> [snip]
> Over the next two weeks, changes will be limited to bug fixes and
> documentation updates. There is a reasonable amount of outstanding
> documentation required and I will be focussing on that. Patches in that
> area are most welcome.
> [snip]

Speaking of which, index.html is unreasonably large... 262k. In the
NetBeans integration the Ant docs are now bundled into a JavaHelp docs
set, and this one page takes about twenty seconds to render with HotSpot
on. :-) Bad rendering performance is to blame, but does anyone else
think that one HTML page per task or major section (like some optional
tasks already) would be an improvement?

Regards,
-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR